Anna Gravelle creates exquisite textile artworks. She is perhaps best known for taking the craft of tufting and using its potential for adding a tactile and three-dimensional character to the textiles she makes.
Gravelle has given the tufting craft a contemporary edge by using luxury materials, the finest wool and silky threads, and working the technique like exquisite embroidery. The result intrigues the viewer and draws them irresistibly to touch the textile.
- 1966 Cardiff
- 2013 MA Design: Textiles, Bath Spa University
- 1989 BA (Hons) Fine Art, South Glamorgan Institute of Higher Education, Faculty of Art and Design, Cardiff
- 2019 Hatch, National Centre of Craft and Design, Sleaford
- 2019 Construct, The 62 Group show, Sunny Bank Mills, near Leeds
- 2019 The Future of Craft, London Craft Week, Bargehouse, London
- 2018 Decorex International, with Design Nation, Syon Park, London
- 2018 Head, Hand and Heart, with Design Nation for London Craft Week, Helen Yardley Studio, London
- 2017 Marks and Tools, with Design Nation for London Craft Week, gallery@oxo, London