CAA Update – October 2020
Welcome back – CAA is open!
We are delighted to announce that the Contemporary Applied Arts gallery in Marylebone has now reopened.
CURRENT OPENING TIMES:
The gallery is open on Thursday and Friday, 11am-5pm, during the month of October and we are showing Responses to Nature. This exhibition is part of London Craft Week.
Please note that we are closed for lunch from 2-2.30pm.
We have been preparing behind the scenes to welcome you back safely so you will see a few changes around the gallery:
- As it is a small space, we can only allow a maximum of 4 people into the gallery at any time in order to comply with government guidelines.
- We hope you won’t mind that there might be a short wait if the gallery is at capacity. If you want to avoid having to queue, you are welcome to request an appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- The door will be locked during this period and we will ask visitors and those with an appointment to knock.
- Face masks, hand sanitiser and gloves will be provided at the entrance but please be aware that handling of objects while browsing will be limited. Visitors will be able to try on jewellery but only if there is serious intent to purchase the piece.
- Finally, we must ask you to be aware of the risks of contagion that still exist. If you or someone with whom you have recently been in contact is showing symptoms of COVID-19, please postpone your visit to the gallery.
Our online shop is frequently updated with fabulous, individually made pieces by our makers and features work from across the disciplines of ceramics, glass, furniture, jewellery, metal, paper, textiles and wood. You can either have your purchases delivered and shipped to your door or collect them in person from the gallery. Please do have a look! And remember that our Object of the Week – a regular feature since 2016 – highlights some of the star pieces in the gallery and is an interesting way to learn about our collections and makers. Check it out on our homepage.
For the most up-to-date information and our temporary opening hours please keep checking our website, social media or get in touch with any questions. We will also have a sign in the window with current opening times and hours.
It has just been announced that CAA is among the organisations receiving a lifeline grant as part of the Government’s £1.57 billion Culture Recovery Fund (CRF) to help face the challenges of the coronavirus pandemic. We could not be more grateful and have an exciting programme planned for the next six months, including our seasonal exhibition Present & Collect. Please check back for more details.
If you have a specific comment or query for us, please email on email@example.com.
We are thrilled to be back in action and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Best wishes from
All of the team at CAA
Please consider making a secure donation to CAA via JustGiving