Own Art at CAA
Own Art makes buying art easy and affordable by letting you spread the cost of your purchase over 10 months with an interest free loan.*
CAA is delighted to be part of the Own Art Scheme and if you find something you love you can borrow from as little as £200 up to £2,000.
Joseph Harrington, glass
Julie Arkell, wood/paper
Who runs Own Art?
Own Art is an Arts Council England initiative operated by Creative United, a registered trademark of Creative Sector Services CIC a Community Interest Company, in partnership with Creative Scotland, Arts Council of Northern Ireland and our credit provider Hitachi Capital Consumer Finance.
The aims of the scheme are:
- To enable more people to live with the art they love
- To promote the presentation and sale of high quality works of art through a network of visual arts venues and galleries across England, Scotland and Northern Ireland
- To support contemporary artists by encouraging increased sales of work across a breadth of practice
Applying for Own Art
When you have found an item you want to purchase, CAA can process your application while you wait. To be eligible for Own Art you need to be:
- Over the age of 18
- A permanent UK resident
- Working at least 16 hours a week (employed or self-employed)
- A retired person in receipt of a pension
You will need to have with you two forms of identification - something with an address on it such as a driver's licence or utilities bill and something with your signature on it, such as a passport, credit or debit card. It will take about 15 minutes to fill out the form and process the paperwork. After satisfactory credit checking, a direct debit instruction will be set up to make your repayments and you can take your new piece of artwork away with you immediately. Simple as that!
* Typical 0% APR Offer subject to age and status. Terms and conditions apply. Own Art is operated by ArtCo Trading Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Arts Council England. Registered address: Arts Council England, North East, Central Square, Forth Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 3PJ